To the profession
- 2013 Peer reviewer, Journal of Mediterranean Archaeology
- 2013 Peer reviewer, Journal of Archaeological Science
- 2013 Co-Organizer, Champlain in the Anishinabe Aki: History and Memory of an Encounter in Algonquin Lands. http://champlaincolloquium.wordpress.com/
- 2012 Organizer, THATCamp Accessibility (Humanities and Technology “un-conference”) with undergraduate student Hollis Pierce, and assistance of Dean Mellway and Dale Stephenson, READ Initiative, Carleton University. October 27. Accessibility2012.thatcamp.org
- 2012 Editor at Large, Digital Humanities Now, week of June 11-15 (the summer editorial duties involve a weekly rota of volunteers who sift through various streams of data for the best work from that week).
- 2012 Reviewer, Canadian Historical Association Annual Conference Program Committee
- 2011-13 Member, College of Reviewers, Computer Applications in Archaeology Conference
- 2011 Member of the organizing committee, THATCamp Great Lakes (Humanities and Technology “un-conference”).
- 2010-11 Member, Public Archaeology Committee of the Canadian Archaeological Association.
To the University
2011-13 Faculty Co-advisor with A. Diptee and A. Bennet, Undergraduate History Society
2011-13 DH@CWorks Committee
2010-13 Communications Committee
2010-13 European Area Committee
2010-13 Public History Committee
2012 -13 Collaborative MA in Digital Humanities Steering Committee
2012 FASS Promotion and Tenure Committee
2011 (Fall) Academic Computing Committee, FASS Representative
2013 Online Learning Working Group
2013 Selection Committee for EDC Teaching with Technology Award
2012 Digital Media Consultation Group
2012 AVP (Teaching and Learning) Search Committee
2011 (Fall) Learning Management System Migration Committee
2011 Member, Interactive Media and Educational Technologies International Forum (Interactive Media Group, Carleton School of Information Technology & Department of Systems and Computer Engineering).